Saturday, February 6, 2010

Joe Walsh Promise


From Joe Walsh for Congress:

I will lead by example and act as a Citizen Legislator - the type of person our Founding Fathers envisioned. My pledge to you is as follows:

  1. I will not serve more than 3 terms in the House (6 years), if so privileged.
  2. I will not receive any health plans or retirement benefits that only congressmen get and that aren’t available to all Americans.
  3. I will not vote for any legislation which increases the size of government or isn’t supported by the Constitution.
  4. I will never add an earmark to any bill.
  5. I will always speak my mind and tell my constituents the truth.
  6. I will always be accessible to my constituents and hold town halls on a regular basis, in good times or bad

We need to get Americans to feel good about their government again.

No comments: