Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This only the beginning

I was able to attend the party for Steve Greenberg. I was able to see a man noble in defeat and at the same time he gave us hope for the future. I would have been very proud if his party had been a victory party. My memory is not the best and I am not a reporter, but I was able to take away some of the comments he gave us last night.

The fight does not end today, we must step up and fight for what’s right, starting tomorrow. This is not the end.
They (Democrats) will overreach and we will be there when they do.
America’s better days are ahead of it.
The Republican Party stands for freedom and we are Freedom Fighters.
I have learned so much from this race, from the people of the district. Being invited into the homes of people who shared their hopes and problems with me, I feel privileged for the experience.
God bless you and God bless America!

With such a man great things can be accomplished, I am glad he is not walking away into the sunset never to be heard of again. We have a good future ahead of us because the Republican Party has many people like Steve that will lead us in the battle to make this a better state and a better country.

No comments: